Skin issues in Denver and Dallas vary greatly from person to person, which is why AOB Med Spa believes that a personalized treatment plan is the best way to get amazing results.
But, there are some common skin ailments like acne, brown (or liver/sun) spots, and rosacea that affect a large percentage of the population.
The good news is that these conditions can all be treated in Denver and Dallas. So what’s the best way to get results?
Acne is the number one skin complaint in the United States. 80% of adolescents and young adults suffer from it, and it can also continue into adulthood or appear as late on-set acne.
What causes acne?
- A change in hormones can trigger oil glands and cause excess oil production.
- That excess oil traps surface skin cells that would normally be able to slough (shed) off.
- This creates an environment that attracts a bacteria called p. acnes.
- With the introduction of that bacteria to your skin cells, the body’s immune system reacts, which is what causes inflammation – a.k.a. zits.
What can you do?
- MYTH: Just let acne run its course. This approach can lead to dark spots and scarring later in life and prolongs the amount of time an individual must suffer both the physical and emotional toll acne can create.
- INSTEAD: Treat your skin regularly with acne fighting products like those in the SkinCeuticals Adult Anti-Acne System. A routine that includes washing your face mornings and evenings and treating with topical products that contain acne fighting ingredients is key in improving acne problems.
- NO POPPING! Picking at acne and popping zits is what primarily leads to acne scarring. Plus is can make the issue even worse by spreading the acne-causing bacteria to other parts of the skin, causing more breakouts - so hands off!
- FOR AN ADDED BOOST: Some skincare treatments can also give you an upper hand in the fight against acne.
- Chemical peels like AOB Med Spa’s Alpha Beta Peel can help to clear pores and fights the production of excess oil with no downtime.
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Acne Therapy treatments are also highly effective because they target the acne causing bacteria as well as the overactive oil glands.
The best approach to treating acne is a combination of the tips above. A licensed skincare professional like AOB Med Spa’s Aestheticians can help create the best plan for you combining the power of customized treatments and products for at-home care.
14 million Americans live with Rosacea, a condition which typically affects those ages 30-50.
What is it?
Common Symptoms Include:
- Redness on the nose, forehead, chin, and cheeks
- Pimple-like bumps
- Surface blood vessels
- Watery and/or irritated eyes
What can you do?
There is no cure for rosacea, but these tips can help you manage the symptoms:
- Avoid triggers like sun, stress, and certain foods and beverages (varies individually)
- Use skincare products that will sooth and protect sensitive skin like SkinCeuticals’ Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 30 which uses zinc oxide to provide sun protection and is free of other chemicals commonly used in sunscreens that could irritate skin affected by rosacea.
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light) skin rejuvenation and photo-facial treatments target the surface blood vessels, reducing the appearance of redness and giving the skin a more even tone.
Also known as liver spots, this discoloration of the skin is not actually caused by the liver or aging at all.
What are they?
The most accurate term is sun spots, as they are actually the visible signs of sun damage, which is why you may begin to notice them more after extended exposure to the sun.
What can you do?
- Use topical products that can lighten the existing pigment and protect against future damage. SkinCeuticals’ Advanced Pigment Corrector is an ideal product for combating this stubborn skin issue.
- Chemical peels like the Pigment Balancing Peel offered at AOB Med Spa combines high-performance brightening and anti-inflammatory agents with a peeling acid solution to accelerate cell renewal and even the skin’s tone.
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light) skin rejuvenation and photo-facial treatments are very effective for removing brown spots and creating an even complexion on not only the face, but the chest, neck, back and hands.